[Test Framework] WebDriver-based test framework

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:24:58 +0100
To: public-test-infra@w3.org
Hi folks,

Thanks to Simon Stewart I now understand WebDriver better and feel like it's potentially a good fit for running ref tests. Down the line it's also a possible solution to automating parts of accessibility testing, though I haven't investigated this in more depth yet.

I wrote down[1] a very early and very high level plan of how to architect a WebDriver-based framework. Note this framework would fallback to running the tests in a more regular manner should WebDriver not be supported. In which case, ref tests wouldn't be run.

Happy to hear your thoughts about this.

Thanks,

--tobie
---