Von: Mike Taylor <miketaylr@gmail.com>
An: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Cc: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>; public-html-testsuite@w3.org <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>; public-test-infra@w3.org <public-test-infra@w3.org>
Gesendet: Tue Nov 01 15:52:33 2011
Betreff: Re: Use of ES5 features in teatharness.js

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:

 On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:21 PM, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:
 > Will anyone have a problem if we start using ES5 features in testharness.js?
 > It will allow more precise testing of some WebIDL stuff. I think all
 > browsers ship ES5 implementations these days so there shouldn't be a problem
 > with compatibility.

 As far as I'm aware, released versions of Opera do not have full
 support for ES5.  E.g.,

 data:text/html,<!doctype html><script>alert("keys" in Object)</script>

 alerts "false" in Opera 11.50 (although "true" in recent
 Chrome/Firefox), and "Check For Updates" tells me this is the latest
 version.  Object.keys is defined in ES5:

 http://es5.github.com/#x15.2.3.14

Opera Next has full ES5.1 support: http://www.opera.com/browser/next/