W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tag-announce@w3.org > June 2004

[Minutes] 28 June 2004 TAG teleconf (IRIs, Arch Doc publication as TR draft)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:02:03 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1088467323.4150.98.camel@seabright>
Hello,

The minutes of the TAG's 28 June 2004 teleconference are
available as HTML [1] and as text below.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/28-tag-summary.html

========================================================

                  Minutes of 28 June 2004 TAG teleconference

0. In Memoriam

   Some [7]tributes to Mario available. Many thanks to Paul Cotton for
   organizing a floral tribute on behalf of the TAG.

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/mario.html

1. Administrative

    1. Roll call: SW (Chair), NW, RF, CL, IJ, PC (towards the end of the
       call after dentist appt). Regrets: TBL, DC.
    2. Resolved to accept the [8]minutes of the 14 June teleconf.
    3. Accepted this [9]agenda.
    4. Next meeting: 12 July. Likely regrets: TBL. Possible regrets from
       IJ.

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/14-tag-summary.html
      [9] http://www.w3.org/2004/06/28-tag.html

  1.1 Editing roles

    1.1.1 DO and TB as contributing editors

    1. Action TBL 2004/05/12: Talk to TB and DO about editor role.
       ([10]Proposal from SW that this is done).
       SW: Ack of continuing involvement/editing in some forum?

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Jun/0071.html

   [IanJ]

          SW: Ack of continuing involvement/editing in some forum? DO has
          expressed desire to help us out editing versioning finding.
          Resolved: Ack and thank TB and DO for their offers to help
          continue to edit findings on which they were working.

          Resolved: Invite DO to the ftf meeting (in particular to
          discuss extensioning and versioning).

          Action SW: Send an ack to them on www-tag.

    1.1.2 IJ changing role

    1. IJ to be acting W3C Head of Communications 1 July. IJ expects to
       help NW with editing, but otherwise setting low expectations for
       TAG participation during the summer and early fall.

   [IanJ]

          IJ: I expect to produce another draft, for the TR page, then
          hand editor reins over to NW until Oct 2004. I expect to have a
          minimal role in the TAG, helping NW edit in the background.
          NW: Two other duties: scribing, issues list management.
          [Discussion of prettying up the IRC log]
          IJ: I pretty them up, copy them into agenda, link from home
          page, announce to www-tag/public-tag-announce. I can send
          script and description of what I do.
          CL: I can do the prettying up if required.
          Action IJ: Send description of how minutes are produced to
          tag@w3.org.
          SW: Please note that I'm out from 19 July until the ftf meeting
          9 August. Others will, as Chairs, need to prepare agenda and
          send it to www-tag (and link from TAG home page).
          NW: I'll be chairing.
          [On issues tracking]
          [IJ drones on about issue management.]
          SW: I propose that NW and I look at that. I'd like to do
          minimal disruption.
          NW: Please expect me to not drive issues list management much.

          Action IJ and SW: Work on transition handling issues.

  1.2 Meeting schedule

   Reminder: Action TAG 2004/06/07: Send summer regrets to TAG list.
    1. AC meeting [11]rescheduled for 2-3 December. Does this affect
       whether to hold TAG ftf meeting in November?
    2. Ottawa meeting update?
         1. Action NW/PC 2004/06/14: Prepare ftf meeting agenda. See
            [12]email from Paul.
         2. Resolved: Invite DO to attend the meeting in Ottawa, in
            particular to discuss extensioning and versioning.
         3. Action NW: Invite DO to the meeting on behalf of the Chair.

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0050.html
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Jun/0028.html

  1.3 TAG Charter

   Action IJ 2004/06/07: Report back on next AB meeting to discuss TAG
   charter and relation to patent policy. See [13]AB meeting summary,
   which essentially states that they think the policy applies, but no
   consensus yet on how.

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2004AprJun/0066.html

   IJ: The Team is currently discussing; I will keep you posted.

2. Technical

   See also [14]open actions by owner and [15]open issues.

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?view=normal&closed=1

  2.1 xml11Names-46

   Was [16]Norm email forwarded to the XML CG?

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jun/0004.html

   NW: The XML CG has discussed it.

   Resolved: NW's action completed. Move this issue to the pending state.

   Action IJ: Ensure that this issue is in the TAG issues list in the
   pending state.

  2.2 httpRange-14 status

   Action TBL/RF 2004/05/13: Write up a summary position to close
   httpRange-14, text for document.

  2.3 IRI draft status in IETF

   Action CL 2004/06/14: Draft text basd on 14 June discussion and send
   to TAG for review. ([17]Proposal)

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2004Jun/0085.html

   [IanJ]

          CL: Ignore "If it is not normative, please"
          NW: CL proposal looks fine.
          RF: Sounds good.

          Resolved: No objections to this text from CL.
          Action CL: Tidy up and send to I18N WG, copying www-tag (as a
          response to Addison)

  2.4 Web Architecture Document Last Call

  2.4.1 Heartbeat Requirement

   Should we request that 8 June draft be published on the TR page?

   [IanJ]

          IJ: Should we request that 8 June draft be published on the TR
          page?
          Proposal:
          - TAG approves 8 June draft.
          - TAG authorizes editor to incorporate minor changes.
          - IJ requests publication as a TR doc.

   [Roy]
          okay by me

   [IanJ]
          Resolved: TAG requests that the Editor request publication of
          the 8 June draft plus very conservative editorial changes as a
          WD. [Unanimous decision by those present.]

  2.4.2 Action item review

   Paul arrives.
     * Action NW 2004/05/14: Propose text on tradeoffs for section 4.2.2
       ([18]Proposal)

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jun/0024.html

   [IanJ]

          NW: I proposed two paras of text. I don't propose to make any
          changes to my text based on follow-up comments thus far.
          CL: Yeah verily to NW's text.
          IJ: What about using owl:sameAs ?
          NW: I don't imagine using that mechanism in most contexts where
          xml namespaces are used.

   [Chris]
          its not clear that this is the same namespace name, even if owl
          asserts they are the sameAs

   [IanJ]
          SW: s/exorbitant/prohibitive
          IJ: s/exorbitant/high
          SW: Proposed to accept NW's text.

   [Roy]
          okay

   [IanJ]
          Resolved: Accept NW's [19]proposal.

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jun/0024.html

          Action IJ: Incorporate into the next (TR) draft.

     * Action CL 2004/05/14 revised to:
         1. Rewrite story at beginning of 3.3.1 and paragraph that
            follows.
         2. After those edits, review the rest of section 3.3.1 in the 8
            June draft to see if it makes sense as a whole.
     * Resolved: Completed action TBL 2004/06/08: For issue hawke7, ask
       Sandro for clarification on whether second URI should have "#".
       Done: Sandro said that the hashes were not the point, but that the
       point was that in the context of dereferencing, it does matter
       which URI you use. Note: IJ has removed the paragraph in the 8
       June draft.

  2.4.3 Reviews of 8 June Draft

   See the 8 [20]June 2004 Editor's Draft.

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/webarch-20040608/

   Various suggestions about section 4.1 made during the meeting for
   which there was agreement:
    1. In section 4.1, move Note before 4.2 to third para in 4.1.
    2. After "In principle, all data can be represented using textual
       formats." say "In practice, audio and video content, for example,
       are generally encoded using a binary format."

   Actions from 2004/06/14 that are continued:
    1. DC to review section 2 of 8 June draft.
    2. PC to review sections 1, 5, and 6 of 8 June draft.
    3. CL to review section 4 of 8 June draft.
    4. SW, NW to review entire 8 June draft.

   Resources:
    1. [21]Last Call issues list ([22]sorted by section)
    2. [23]Annotated version of WebArch
    3. Archive of [24]public-webarch-comments
    4. [25]List of actions by TAG participant

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/issues.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/concerning.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/actions_owner.html

     _________________________________________________________________

   The TAG did not discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

   See also [26]TAG findings
     * [27]abstractComponentRefs-37:
          + 30 Oct 2003 draft finding "[28]Abstract Component References"
     * [29]contentPresentation-26:
          + 30 June 2003 draft finding "[30]Separation of semantic and
            presentational markup, to the extent possible, is
            architecturally sound"
     * [31]metadataInURI-31
     * [32]siteData-36
          + "[33]There is no such thing as a Web site"

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26-20030630.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#siteData-36
     [33] http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/01/08/WebSite36

4. Other action items

     * Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly
       on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
     * Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2004/06/28 23:55:51 $

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Received on Monday, 28 June 2004 20:12:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:17:59 GMT