RE: Proposal for an Application Management API

Ok, thanks Marcos.

Yes, there are really sensitive system level APIs, such as Telephony and Application Management for which "super privileged" access rights are required. We can always discuss if it is worth the effort to standardize APIs that are available to a very limited group of developers but if it helps interoperability and if the API design is good it is probably worth the effort.

Other SysApps APIs, TCP and UDP, contacts, etc, are still sensitive but could probably be exposed to a larger community of web developers through appropriate security mechanisms. Either using web security mechanisms or through packaging the app in a native app container and trust the security framework of the target platform, a la Cordova.

Nice to hear about your discussions on the TCP/UDP socket API as a web platform API using the web security mechanisms. I am happy for any further information on this topic.

BR
  Claes

Claes Nilsson
Master Engineer - Web Research