Re: Request to report the status of the specs

Hi. Zoltan.
Thanks for good summary.

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk73@gmail.com> wrote:
> > San Jose F2F meeting is closing so I would like to ask you to share the
> > status of the specs including blocker and outstanding issues.
>
> Specifications
> ===========
> Regarding the Telephony spec, I link here my last report sent to the
> list in February (no response and no change since then).
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2014Feb/0034.html
>
> The Telephony use cases may need to be re-discussed, and we should
> also include Bluetooth HFP (hands-free profile) related use cases. The
> same goes for Messaging and Bluetooth MAP (messaging access profile).
>
> Regarding the Messaging spec, the latest developments with DataStore
> have not been applied yet - waiting for the DataStore spec to
> stabilize. This also applies to the Contacts API.

I think we already had enough time to review for DataStore API. I guess so
far we didn't have much comments on that from other editors for contacts
and messaging APIs and other members of the group. So if we have a
consensus about  there are no outstanding issue and objection within the
group, we need to apply that to contacts and messaging APIs. What do you
think?

> Implementations
> =============
> Intel has been implementing the Messaging spec on Crosswalk, both for
> Android and Tizen. The BT MAP use case could be implemented also for
> the desktop.
>
> The intent is to implement also the Telephony spec.

Sounds great!

> The old version of the RawSocket API is also implemented on Crosswalk.
> On the new version Thiago Santos made some comments from implementor's
> perspective.

That will be great!

> Participation
> ==========
> It turned out that I cannot participate at the F2F in person,
> unfortunately.
>
> In order that I could participate remotely on the Telephony review, is
> it possible to move it to one of the morning sessions, any time
> between 9:00 and 14:00? I am UTC+3 now, i.e. 10 hours later than San
> Jose, so I'd skip the afternoon sessions.

Sure! I will take care of that.

> In addition, if voice quality will be as bad as last time, I will
> restrict to IRC.

Okay! I hope conf call facility would be better than previous ;-)

> > We will have two days meeting in San Jose, it's shorter than typical
> > our f2f meeting.
> > So it need to handle a discussion time for items more efficiently.
>
> For efficiency,
> - it would be preferable to receive the questions and comments to
> Telephony and Messaging before the meeting.
> - since the relatively long silence, editors and anyone interested of
> Telephony and Messaging, we should have a short conference call
> preferably before, and/or after the F2F. Doodle with dates both before
> and after the F2F:
> http://doodle.com/m6a8zhdvx8qzk6vk

Sorry that it seems difficult to discuss previously.

Kr, Wonsuk.

> Best regards,
> Zoltan

ÀÌ ¿ø ¼® (Wonsuk, Lee) / Principal Engineer, Ph.D
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., LTD. (ß²àøï³í­)
Mobile: +82-10-5800-3997
E-mail: wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com, wonsuk73@gmail.com
http://www.wonsuk73.com/, twitter: @wonsuk73
Inspire the World, Create the Future !!!