Re: Request to report the status of the specs

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk73@gmail.com> wrote:
> San Jose F2F meeting is closing so I would like to ask you to share the
> status of the specs including blocker and outstanding issues.

Specifications
===========
Regarding the Telephony spec, I link here my last report sent to the
list in February (no response and no change since then).
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2014Feb/0034.html

The Telephony use cases may need to be re-discussed, and we should
also include Bluetooth HFP (hands-free profile) related use cases. The
same goes for Messaging and Bluetooth MAP (messaging access profile).

Regarding the Messaging spec, the latest developments with DataStore
have not been applied yet - waiting for the DataStore spec to
stabilize. This also applies to the Contacts API.

Implementations
=============
Intel has been implementing the Messaging spec on Crosswalk, both for
Android and Tizen. The BT MAP use case could be implemented also for
the desktop.

The intent is to implement also the Telephony spec.

The old version of the RawSocket API is also implemented on Crosswalk.
On the new version Thiago Santos made some comments from implementor's
perspective.

Participation
==========
It turned out that I cannot participate at the F2F in person, unfortunately.

In order that I could participate remotely on the Telephony review, is
it possible to move it to one of the morning sessions, any time
between 9:00 and 14:00? I am UTC+3 now, i.e. 10 hours later than San
Jose, so I'd skip the afternoon sessions.

In addition, if voice quality will be as bad as last time, I will
restrict to IRC.

> We will have two days meeting in San Jose, it's shorter than typical
> our f2f meeting.
> So it need to handle a discussion time for items more efficiently.

For efficiency,
- it would be preferable to receive the questions and comments to
Telephony and Messaging before the meeting.
- since the relatively long silence, editors and anyone interested of
Telephony and Messaging, we should have a short conference call
preferably before, and/or after the F2F. Doodle with dates both before
and after the F2F:
http://doodle.com/m6a8zhdvx8qzk6vk

Best regards,
Zoltan