RE: Introducing the DataStore API

Hi. Editors for Messaging, Contacts, Telephony and all.

In the WG f2f meeting in last week, Mozilla introduced the draft of DataStore API. This spec could cover basic operations (e.g. get, add, update, remove etc) for data handling which should be supported by some of our specs(e.g. Messaging, Contacts, Telephony and extra). I think it is good idea because developer can use same APIs for handling data even among different API specs. So it would be more convenient for them.

But for using this spec, firstly we need to review this whether current DataStore API is appropriate to handle data for existing our draft including Messaging, Contacts and Telephony or not.
In addition, I would like to get feedback for scope of DataStore API. In the meeting, Giri asked a question whether we could use this for gallery API as well or not.

What do you think?

Kr, Wonsuk.