Re: Test suites for System Applications Specs

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Zhang, Zhiqiang wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Glad to know the WG is calling for test suites for the current specifications in [1], and I would like to contribute some.

Great! :)

> Before that, I would like to confirm with your for the test repo, as questioned by [2], do we (SysApps) want to opt into W3C central repository [3] or do we want to maintain our own [4]?

Up to you (as a person writing tests)… but I worry that if we put stuff prematurely into the W3C repo, we are sending the wrong message. However, we can overcome that by clearly marking all test suites as extremely unstable.

I will again emphasize that trying to do a test suite before LC will lead to a lot of tests being discarded (hence a waste of time and money). It is better to do prototype reference implementations instead to refine the API, which in turn can generate unit tests, which can then become the basis for a test suite.

--
Marcos Caceres