RE: Contacts API

Hi Mounir, all,

>From: Mounir Lamouri [mailto:mounir@lamouri.fr]
>
>On 01/03/13 22:05, Suresh Chitturi wrote:
>>  On March 01, 2013 3:50 AM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA  wrote:
>>> I propose the editors collaborate to reach this alignment. In any
>>> case the changes are mainly about naming or grouping of attributes,
>>> so IMO nothing so meaningful that should prevent the SysApps Contacts
>>> API draft to go to FPWD.
>>>

>> Our main concern is that FPWD is an important milestone so getting the
>alignment done prior would signal a good message to the community that we
>are indeed aligning between the two groups.  And maybe even calling this out
>in the draft on the approach and alignment would help.
>
>I am not sure that there is a pressing need in synchronising between DAP and
>SysApps on that matter and making sure that this happen before FPWD
>doesn't seem that important given that the Contacts API will very unlikely get
>frozen after FPWD.
>
>As I see it, "Pick Contacts Intent" should have an API surface that looks like
>Contacts API to keep a certain level of consistency within the Web Platform.
>Actually, the dependency of "Pick Contacts Intent" on "Contacts API" is so
>strong that the ideal solution would be to merge "Pick Contacts Intent" inside
>"Contacts API". However, given the current status of Web Intent, it is
>probably better to keep this as a separate work for the moment.

Note that our concern was only re aligning the contacts data model, and not the functionality of the API itself.
We understand the use cases of Pick Contacts Intent and the Contacts API in this group are different, and merging the APIs together or not is an interesting discussion that can be kept separate.

Regards,
Suresh