Re: Selecting a time for a teleconference, time shifted distributed meetings, and offers for hosting face to face meetings

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2012 10:27 AM, "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
>> Now that the Jan 1 deadline for phase 1 proposals is upon us, we will need
>> to start work in earnest.  Finding a mutually convenient time for
>> teleconferences will be challenging as sysapps participants are scattered
>> across North America, Europe and Asia, e.g. 8am in California, is 5pm in
>> Europe, midnight in Shenzhen, and 1am in Seoul and Tokyo.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm not planning on attending teleconferances as I
> think discussions on the mailing list is more efficient use of time and
> results in more thought through technical designs.
>
> This was feedback that mozilla provided during the chartering process.
>
> That said, this should not stop others from having teleconferances since
> others obviously feel differently about them, and that's what our charter
> says. But I won't be there and I don't think others from mozilla will
> either.

<hat type="individual">

Given the difficulty in arranging a teleconference time that works for
everyone, I'd like to see how much progress we can make on the mailing
list before setting up a regular teleconference.  As one datapoint,
the WebApps working group seems to work well without teleconferences.

Adam

</hat>