Re: Selecting a time for a teleconference, time shifted distributed meetings, and offers for hosting face to face meetings

On 06/01/2013 08:24 , Adam Barth wrote:
> Given the difficulty in arranging a teleconference time that works for
> everyone, I'd like to see how much progress we can make on the mailing
> list before setting up a regular teleconference.  As one datapoint,
> the WebApps working group seems to work well without teleconferences.

My experience is that regular telcons aren't all that helpful, but that
occasional focused telcons dedicated to a specific topic can be really
good for getting over a specific point that's causing strife.

So one way of handling this would be to not have regular telcons but
agree on a (lightweight, simple) Bat Signal process whereby someone can
call for an ad hoc topic-specific telcon on relatively short notice.

But hey, I'm not even a part of this group so it's just a suggestion!