Re: Process for github issue management

On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 16:23, GALINDO Virginie wrote:

> Thanks marcos for that link that I completely missed.
> The grey zone stays on the way issues are treated, once provisioned : who assigns labels (bug/enhancement/...) to issues,

Usually the Editor(s) reviewing the bugs. Each spec on GH has a group of Editors associated with it.
> how do they come into the wg agenda and by which priority,

Again, it's really up to the Editors as they are the ones closing the bugs. Bugs that require discussion (or need clarification with the WG) are then brought to the mailing list as needed. Everyone else who is interested in the progression of a spec can op-in to watch a particular repository. Those watching then get notified of bugs and pull requests.

Of course, if work is not progressing on a spec at a good pace, it's up to the Chairs to "crack the whip". Chairs are automatically subscribed to all the repositories as administrators - so they are able to see what is going on and set priorities, labels, milestones, etc. as needed.
> is there any mean to allocate deadline for issues (like tracker does for actions).

Yes. This is done through using "milestones" - it's very handy as you can say that a milestone is due on a particular date and then associate a bunch of bugs with that milestone.

See, for example, the Telephony "Last Call" milestone, which is supposed to be due in 4 days (oops!:)):
https://github.com/sysapps/telephony/issues/milestones

> I am not requesting here everything to be written, but few guidance to have new delegates knowing how to deal with the wg habits and best practices.

No probs. Happy to help anyone who needs some guidance.

I've added the above to the wiki:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/System_Applications#Spec_writing_process_FAQ

If anyone wants to expand on it, please do!