Re: Single instance mode vs multiple instances in manifest spec

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:52 AM, John Lyle <john.lyle@cs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>> but the
>> answer is yes. Two hosted apps can come from the same origin. And
>> if/when we support "real" origins for packaged apps, two packaged apps
>> can come from the same origin, or a packaged app can come from the
>> same origin as a hosted app.
>
> OK. Do you expect that this working group will initially define a standard
> supporting multiple apps with the same origin?Or will we start with the
> one-app-per-origin approach and then update the document later on?

I don't think we should specify something just because Firefox OS has
implemented it in a certain way. We should specify what we think is
the best solution. Though certainly the process of implementing a
solution will provide a lot of useful information regarding what we
think is the best solution. But I would say that in this case the
implementation experience is that one-app-per-origin is *not* a good
solution.

So I think we should specify that multiple-apps-per-origin MUST be supported.

/ Jonas