RE: What is the purpose of 'appcache_path' field?

Hi,
I think the "appcache_paths" filed in manifest provides a possibility for runtime to handle hosted app's cache w/o parsing the HTML file.
For example, download cache in app installation time, or notify user when a cache update is available.

For multiple cache manifest paths, is it possible for web developers to use a same cache manifest for different pages? Like:
/main.html
/special.html

Regards,
Long Xiang