Re: What is the purpose of 'appcache_path' field?

On 23/04/13 01:53, Long, Xiang wrote:
> Hi,
> I think the "appcache_paths" filed in manifest provides a possibility for runtime to handle hosted app's cache w/o parsing the HTML file.
> For example, download cache in app installation time, or notify user when a cache update is available.

This is correct.

In addition, there are some talks to move appcache to a JSON manifest
[1]. There are also some considerations to move the Hosted Web
Application Manifest file to the HTML page to make it discoverable [2].

If we combine those two ideas, we could actually, fully move the
appcache manifest inside the Hosted Web Application Manifest.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0977.html
[2] https://github.com/sysapps/manifest/issues/17

Cheers,
--