Re: Notification of availability of update. Re: Some comments in Execution and Security Model spec

On 19/04/13 14:37, Min, Hongbo wrote:
> [...]

Applications such as system need to be aware of an update being
available. For example, for security reasons, some applications will not
allow the user to run them unless they are updated. Typically,
applications showing user generated content like Twitter or Facebook
might have security issues that require them to force users to update
and forbid the users to use them until then.

The way we solved that in the current specification is to allow
applications to know what is the current update state but they can't
actually make the update happen. They can start the download and then
ask the user to update the application in the application manager which
is the only component allowed to apply the update.

--
Mounir