Re: Some questions about runtime spec

On 19/04/13 15:29, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
> On 19/04/13 05:15, Ming, Bai wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>     After reading the spec, I'm still a little bit unclear about the
>> following points. I'll appreciate it if anyone could give me some pointers.
>>
>>  1. The 'launch()' 'install()' 'uninstall()' 'applyupdate()' are
>>     separated to several different places, is it okay? looks like they
>>     should be put together in a management interface.
>>       * If it's a design consideration, it's still a little bit confuse
>>         regarding to the permissions. For example the
>>         Applicationmanagement.applyUpdate is restricted to privileged
>>         callers and what about Application.uninstall? or
>>         ApplicationRegistry.install?
>
> launch() and uninstall() live in the Application object because you want
> to uninstall or launch a specific application, so you can get the
> application then call the method. The specs currently say that you
> should fire an error if the caller isn't allowed to do the action but
> the not allowed part isn't specified, the reason is that it isn't only
> related to a permission and most of the time, if you can access an
> application object, you should probably be able to launch or uninstall
> it. The ways being that you are a store that installed the application
> or you are the application itself.

Actually, after writing this email, I realised that there might be some
UI issues regarding uninstalling an application that is currently
running and someone from the Web Apps team confirmed that problem and
also added that they had security concerns with uninstall() living in
the Application object so I opened an issue for this:
https://github.com/sysapps/runtime/issues/92

--
Mounir