Re: Messaging - SMS API draft

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:29:54 +0200
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
On 10/24/2012 05:45 PM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have uploaded an initial draft of the SMS API [1], which is based to a great extent on the Firefox OS (B2G) WebSMS API [2], and which has been jointly prepared by Jose M. Cantera and myself, willing to act as co-editors of this spec.
> Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you for writing this document. This is really appreciated.

I have a few drive-by comments. The order has no meaning.

- markAsRead() should also take a SmsMessage, for consistency with delete();
- get() might be a bit confusing and getMessage() could be clearer;
- we are currently thinking of switching from |delivered| event to
|deliverysucceded| and |deliveryfailed| (or whatever the final names
will be);
- you should use MUST, SHOULD, MAY, etc. Right now, it's impossible to
know what is a MUST and what is a SHOULD;
- there are a few inconsistency in the naming in the specs (get() is
named getMessage() sometimes);
- we should probably host DOMRequest spec somewhere [1]. We will use it
at a bunch of places and having to define it everywhere isn't really
- SmsMessage and SmsIterator are under specified I believe.

[1] I tried to host it in DOM Core but I've been told there are
dependencies with HTML and they don't want that. Hosting it in HTML
might be inappropriate IMO.