Re: Deliverables

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:

> On 05/24/2012 06:22 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> > Concretely, I think we should pick a handful of deliverables to work
> > on in the near term and then add more deliverables as we build up
> > momentum and success.
>
> I agree.
>
> > For example, here's a set of deliverables that
> > might make sense for the first round:
> >
> > * Security Model
> > * Execution Model
> > * Raw Socket API
> > * DNS Resolution API
> > * USB API
>
> Security and Execution model are indeed priorities but I wouldn't push
> Raw socket, DNS Resolution and USB APIs.
>
> What about those:
> - Alarm API
> - Messaging API
> - System Settings API
> - Sensors API (btw, is that really going to leave DAP?)
> - Telephony API
>
> I think we could find some people at Mozilla to edit those
> specifications. At least, I could volunteer for the two firsts.

Rather than argue over which specs to focus on, can we see which specs we
actually have editors who are willing to start speccing things in the next
few weeks? I expect that number will be small enough to make prioritizing
easier. There's no point in arguing over specs that won't have active
editors in the near term.