Re: Updated charter proposal

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:37:49 +0200
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
On 06/03/2012 11:19 AM, Adam Barth wrote:
> Hi SysApps,
>
> Based on the discussion on this list, I've put together an updated
> proposal for a charter:
>
> http://abarth.github.com/websec/drafts/sysapps-charter.html

When working on the Alarm API and other APIs (like Push Notification
API), Jonas and I realized that we probably need an API that would start
web apps when needed. For example, with the Alarm API, to make sure an
alarm isn't missed, the app should be started when the application isn't
running; with Web Intents, we might need something similar when the user
picks an application that isn't running yet.
It appears that using DOM events for that isn't working very well
because the developer will have to know when the event will be sent
during the startup process which isn't easy to define.

More information about this API here:
https://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.webapi/browse_thread/thread/a3c6e4c31d04b663/

Despite the name of the thread, "System Message" is the name of the API.

Cheers,
--
Mounir