Re: OWL-S: simple proposal to evolve logic expressions

From: Daniel Elenius <daele@ida.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:29:29 -0700
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>, public-sws-ig@w3.org

> Rules in SWRL are just material conditionals. They most certainly
> "evaluate" to true or false. They may be inferred.

Hmm, ok, I take that back then.

>> In fact, it may be easier to just do AtomLists (if there's a single
>> Atom, then we just have a list with one element).
>

> Prolly true. But if Preconditions are just formulae (rather than
> restricted to conjunctions), there's no need to avoid imps.

I guess the only reason would be that the any OWL-S tools (not just
editing tools, but especially execution engines/planners) would need to
understand Imps, whereas if just AtomLists are allowed, things are
somewhat easier. Imps make things undecidable, right? (Whereas AtomLists
(with instantiated parameters) correspond to ABox queries.) That may not
be a reason to prohibit them though.

Daniel