Re: Documentation for the surface sintax

On Jan 19, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Tatiana Vieira wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I found some message in this list about a surface sintax that I didn't
> known about. Could anyone give me some start point about it, or some
> link that contains a basic documentation?

For OWL-S 1.1, see:
	http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/owl-s-gram.pdf

You also might look in the archives for this mailing list, where Drew
sends updates.

> In addition, does OWL-S has a formal semantic descritpion?

Aside from the encoding in OWL, not really. At least, not from this
group as a group.

There are several semantics (sitcalc, petri net, "execution") out there
for various fragments of the control structures of the process model
(and probably a bit more). Evren Sirin has done some work integrating
SWRL atom style preconditons and effects with SHOP2, from there, you
could bootstrap a formal semantics that would cover an interesting
fragrment of OWL-S (right now, for Ijcai, we're working on description
based method and operator selection in SHOP...that may or may not be
suitably formal for you; we intend, at some point, to expand our
mapping to Golog/sitcalc to encompass these bits).

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.