Re: Needed background

Hello Pedro,
                      If you are not very familiar with RDF, RDFS and
OWL, I strongly recommend that you get up to speed on these (make sure
you set aside a large chunk of time for this task). The RDF primer
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/> is a good place to start and then you
can move onto OWL.

I think the best way to learn OWL-S would be to go through the various
coalition <http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/coalition-pubs.html> and
communtiy publications
<http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/pub-archive.html> on OWL-S. Most of
these have an introduction of OWL-S and since they are by different
authors you will get many perspectives. Pay careful attention to the
versioin of DAML-S or OWL-S they are referring to; constructs and syntax
are/could be different in different versions.

At the same time,  go through the various examples available at the
website (again, version is important). Having some background in WSDL is
of great help.

regards,
Mithun.