Re: [owl-s] communication between web services

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 02:40:57PM +0200, jean-michel nougayrede wrote:
> For example there is a web service A which sells a product P and then
> connect to another web service B in order to ship the product P. But the web
> service A doesn't know the web service B which can do the shipping. The web
> service A searches on the web in order to find one, and when it finds one,
> it uses it. But the problem is that the web service A doesn't know what are
> the functions to be called and with which arguments and in which order.

It would make sense to use the WDSL description of the service.

> Must web services share the same language (in our case all the web services
> for the shipping have the same function and argument)?

They don't need to use the same description (wsdl file) to be usable.
But in the search part of the problem, you can assume that they will
share some ontology.

--
Carine Bournez -+- W3C Sophia-Antipolis