Re: MDA and the semantic web...

Sam,
This is work that I looked up sometime back:
1. Work by Jana Koehler at IBM Zurich. A recent talk:
"Model-Driven Business Integration - A Complementary Effort to the
Semantic Web?"
https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/cascon/workshopsignup/displayWorkshop?PublicView=true&Slot=THUPM&Num=36

2. Work by Jianwen Su at UCSB. Publications available at:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~su/papers/index.html

3. Work from HP Labs:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Fabio_Casati/docs/CAISE04-c.pdf
More here: http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Fabio_Casati/publications.html

Most of these use BPEL as the execution mechanism,  finite machine
based  intermediary models to check
correctness and transformations between  models to realize MDA. I am not
sure how much has been explored
with OWL-S as the execution mechanism and extensions required from
higher level models to support OWL-S semantics.
As per my understanding semantic disconnects are an issue with MDA.

-- Pranam
Pranam Kolari <> Ebiquity Group <> UMBC <> Baltimore, USA
kolari1@cs.umbc.edu <> http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~kolari1