Re: OWL-S Introduction

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:46:04 +0900
Cc: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
To: <ryusuke.masuoka@us.fujitsu.com>

On Dec 17, 2004, at 12:07 AM, Ryusuke Masuoka wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> Could you let me know if you know the (pointers to) the introductory
> documents on OWL-S? Information on differences/relations with
> other technologies such as WSMO, WfMC, etc. are especially important.
>
> I need to prepare documents to explain OWL-S for lay IT people
> (those not much into semantics/ontologies) in the company.

Kendall Clark's old DAML-S article might help:
	http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2002/07/17/daml-s.html?page=1

You might troll through:
	http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/pub-archive.html

There were some overviewy sorts of articles early in the effort. They
are, like Kendall's, a bit dated:
	http://www.daml.org/services/ieee01-KSL.pdf
	http://www.daml.org/services/SemWeb01-KSL.pdf
	http://www.daml.org/services/pubs/090-093.pdf

The coalition has produced a (sketchy) relationship to other
standards:	http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/related.html

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.