Create subontologies?

From: Martin Gülich <martin.gulich@foi.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:54:57 +0200
To: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

I have a (new) question about OWL-S. Is it supposed to be used as a general
upper ontology for web services in the sense that you should create your own
“subontologies” of OWL-S for more specific purposes, and have a separate
specific ontology to specify types of inputs/outputs etc? Or is it supposed
to be used exactly as it is but with own ontology definitions only for
inputs/outputs and preconditions/effects?

What I am trying to figure out is how to distinguish different web services
with the same types of input/output and preconditions/effects from each
other in a context with lots of web services.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (but please write a little more than
just yes or no).

Best regards to all of you!

Martin Gülich