Re: Web Services versus Semantic Web Services. -- "babelization"

>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:22:13 -0400
>From: "Stephane Fellah" <fellah@pcigeomatics.com>
>. . .
>The current trend in web services arena defines the web
>services using different standards based on XML schemas (UDDI,
>ebXML,WSDL, SOAP, SAML,XXX,XXXX...).
>IMHO, the huge number of XML schemas to deal with, makes the
>integration of existing web services very hard, costly, very
>brittle and hard to evolve. . . .

And those standards are just the tip of the iceberg when you consider that
*each* WSDL document typically defines yet another XML schema.  In essence,
each WSDL document defines a little "language" for interacting with that
particular Web service.

FYI, I've been referring to this proliferation of languages as
"babelization"[1].

1. http://www.w3.org/2003/Talks/0929-semweb-dbooth/slide16-0.html

--
David Booth