Re: UDDI and semantics

From: Max Voskob <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:23:21 +1300
To: "www-sws-ig" <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

Paul,

I think we can abstract this discussion to an abtract "REGISTRY" whether it
is UDDI or ebXML or any other.

As someone suggested that there may be no need for a registry at all if the
metadata about web services is published as resources on the web and search
engines harvest, index and categorise that information. Finding a web
service will be no different from finding a news article then. :-)

Cheers,
Max