Re: SWI evaluations methods and approaches

Daniel.

thanks for prompt response, and good to hear from you

The points you outline have not yet been discussed here, and the questions
you pose are essential, and can be answered in a number of ways

It would be good to have some agreement on the issue you reaise, to help us
proceed/

I hope members of the group will help answer your qs, and if useful, we
could
articulate another questionnaire to make firm some replies - unless someone
can offer an alternative method of surveying the community

Below some of my answers, in italics

> 1) Is there a more precise definition of what “Semantic Web Interfaces”
> mean?
> I can interpret this as
> a. Interfaces to Semantic Web data. Would this be only for RDF? Is there
> any difference in these interfaces compared to any other interface?
> b. Interfaces for Semantic Web-based applications, which then begs the
> question, are these applications any different from other types of
> applications, especially regarding their Interface requirements?
> c. Interfaces that use Semantic Web models in their architecture, and
> therefore exhibit some kind of different characteristics than non-Semantic
> Web-based ones? In this case, are they different than any other model-based
> Interfaces (e.g, Chameleon based ones)?

*- I would say that all three apply, and we need to decide what scope to
cover in our work.  I answered the question how are semantic interfaces
different from other interfaces in a paper in 2008 at SWAHA/ASWC *

*http://www.academia.edu/687932/Toward_Global_User_Models_for_Semantic_Technologies_Emergent_Perspectives
<http://www.academia.edu/687932/Toward_Global_User_Models_for_Semantic_Technologies_Emergent_Perspectives>*

*that is, semantic technologies offer a new set of semantci capabilities,
which pose interaction and usability challenges accordingly. *

*if you disagree, please let's discuss!*

> 2) Any evaluation would have to be clear on what exactly is being
> evaluated re. 1). Has this been defined?

*personally, in my work, I define the scope based on customer
requirement/input (first define who is the user) *

*not yet discussed here. how do you think we should go about defining
something Daniel*

> Again, pls excuse me if I’m being redundant with previous discussions!

*not at all. gotta start somewhere.*

 4, 2014, at 10:56  - 04/12/14, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>