Re: SWI evaluations methods and approaches

Hi
please excuse if this has already been discussed, in which case just point me to the discussion.

I have the following questions

1) Is there a more precise definition of what “Semantic Web Interfaces” mean?
I can interpret this as
a. Interfaces to Semantic Web data. Would this be only for RDF? Is there any difference in these interfaces compared to any other interface?
b. Interfaces for Semantic Web-based applications, which then begs the question, are these applications any different from other types of applications, especially regarding their Interface requirements?
c. Interfaces that use Semantic Web models in their architecture, and therefore exhibit some kind of different characteristics than non-Semantic Web-based ones? In this case, are they different than any other model-based Interfaces (e.g, Chameleon based ones)?

2) Any evaluation would have to be clear on what exactly is being evaluated re. 1). Has this been defined?

Again, pls excuse me if I’m being redundant with previous discussions!

Best
Daniel
—

Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe