Re: proposed change to best-practices recipes for publihsing rdf vocabs

Leo Sauermann wrote:
> Hi Alistair,
>
> Harry Halpin has reviewed cool-uris-for the semantic web and has
> proposed to merge the BestPractices you edit together with cool-uris.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sweo-ig/2008Mar/0097.html
Well, to be precise it seems that "Cool URIs" as stands currently,
except with the slight divergence is Sec 4.7, is a good explanatory
document, but it's "conceptual" and very high level. It would be great
if it could aligned with Best Practices, because after reading it the
average hacker on the street may get excited and actually want to deploy
303 redirection, which is a bit of a black art to most people. That
black art is *not* explained in "Cool URIs" but explained in Best
Recipes. So clearly, so sort of large pointer to "If you actually want
to implement any of this, please see the Best Practices Document" needs
to be in Cool URIs, and some sort of note saying "If you want to know
why to give real world things separate URIs, please see the Cool URI
document" needs to be done.

       thanks,
             harry

--