Re: RDF: XULing or Grueling

Danny Ayers wrote:
> [Snip]
> I guess what I'm trying to say is that while putting a lot of effort
> into promoting RDF (and other Semantic Web technologies), we [the
> enthusiasts] perhaps forgot about promoting the Web. SWEO is chartered
> with an emphasise on semweb tech, so in that context I'd suggest a
> plausible strategy might be instead of encouraging "More RDF", rather
> encouraging (and demonstrating) "More Useful RDF".
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

Danny,

Yes, instead of promoting RDF we focus on production and demonstration
of value associated with Structured Linked Data injected into the
broader Web via URIs. End-users and Developers discovered and
appreciated Web Pages before discovering HTML and DOM, so why should it
be any different re. RDF?

Bijan: We now have a lot of live and valuable Linked Data [1] [2] and
that completely changes the dynamics re. production of demos, usecases,
and actual solutions that incorporate RDF.

Links:
1.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData
2.