W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sweo-ig@w3.org > March 2007

Re: Notes from today's call

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:28:42 +0100
Message-ID: <46016B4A.1030203@w3.org>
To: alistair.duke@bt.com
CC: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Paula and Danny sent their explicit regrets for the meeting.

According to my log, were also present Yue, Frank_Chum and Orri

Ivan

alistair.duke@bt.com wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Here are the notes from today's call. Please let me know if you spot any
> glaring errors.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Alistair
> 
> <<21 Mar 2007 -SWEO-minutes.html>>
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
>   - DRAFT -
> 
> 
>   Semantic Web Education and Outreach
> 
> 
>     21 Mar 2007
> 
> 
>     Attendees
> 
> Present (from IRC Roster)
>     Alistair Duke, Dunitschka, LeeF, RRSAgent, Zakim, bengee, ivan,
>     kidehen, kjetilk, leobard, uldis, wing
> Chair
>     Susie
> Scribe
>     Alistair Duke
> 
> 
>     Contents
> 
>     * Topics <#agenda>
>          1. Community Project <#item01>
>          2. Information Gathering <#item02>
>          3. Enterprise Survey <#item03>
>          4. Use case updates <#item04>
>          5. European Semantic Technologies Conference collateral <#item05>
>          6. SWEO logo <#item06>
>          7. AOB <#item07>
>     * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
>       Community Project
> 
> Kjetil - This is ticking along OK.
> 
> 
>       Information Gathering
> 
> Leo - Focussing on data format for sharing amongst providers Will take
> any data available. Formats on wiki page – need to finish / stable.
> Propose to Info Gathering task force to make ‘How-to’ . Plan is for
> portal to show syndicated data. Need to think more about ideas before
> going to group
> 
> Kingsly – sent links to demos of views of data. Data in triple store
> available by SPARQL queries. As long as the data is in RDF or perhaps
> RSS or ATOM we can produce triples. Links added to IRC.
> 
> Leo - Next step is to make system allowing people to syndicate data.
> This should get around the legal problem
> 
> Kingsly – should be no problem if the data is already on the web.
> 
> Leo – Can not take data from IMDB
> 
> Ivan – Need to discuss with legal people. It’s not that simple. By
> creating RDF data you may breach some rights.
> 
> *ACTION:* Leo to write down issue and forward to Ivan who will send to
> legal people in W3C. [recorded in #action01]
> 
> Leo – push responsibility to providers – i.e. ensure data is available
> as ‘Creative Commons’.
> 
> Susie – Lets resolve both approaches.
> 
> Leo – Do we need to remodel wiki pages to help users? Who could build
> page? Will target people who had signed up to help
> 
> Kingsly – Will modify when I next look at it. So should everybody else –
> it’s a living document. If you put a tag against How-To then I and
> others can contribute.
> 
> *ACTION:* Leo to add tag and Kingsly to update by next week’s call.
> [recorded in #action02]
> 
> 
>       Enterprise Survey
> 
> Wing – Talked to Karen, tidied up results. Divided results according to
> industry and role or responee. Sent to Karen. She’s picking final
> results. Data collection is finished. 1st draft will be available by
> next meeting.
> 
> 
>       Use Cases
> 
> Susie – Encouraging people to do use cases. One from Oracle on website
> and use of Siderean. Univ. Texas and Ordnance Survey have submitted.
> Draft from Frank Chum at Chevron – seeking approval from Chevron, final
> version from next week. Progress from Boeing.
> 
> Ivan – making use cases available in HTML in common format. Not yet
> ready do distribute until OK received from submitters. Which ones are
> use cases and which are case studies? – Oracle, OS and Texas are
> deployed hence case studies. BT and Agfa are not deployed hence use
> cases. Segala – not sure where the word file is. Susie has provided
> comments on a version. Agreement received on Oracle, OS and BT (almost).
> Also tried to contact Data Consulting Services (India), Pfizer and UNFAO
> who all use SW approach.
> 
> Susie – Status on use case wiki page
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/) Ted Slater from Pfizer
> (different group from Giles Day) but said it was too early.
> 
> Ivan – Giles said yes and had approval. Need to decide when to go live.
> Probably when we get to 10-12 use cases.
> 
> Susie – one from Environmental Protection Agency is possible.
> 
> 
>       ESTC – Collateral
> 
> Dunja – Set up Wiki page. Idea of booklet, 20 pages. Prices on page.
> 
> Ivan – 20 pages is a lot to do well between now and June. I was thinking
> 2-3 pages. Who would pay the 4000 euro?
> 
> Dunja – What information should be included in a flyer?
> 
> Ivan – Should have pointers to FAQ. W3C team have produced fliers on Web
> Services. Could send these as examples of what’s been done - shows the
> level of information required.
> 
> Susie – could point to community projects if these are written up.
> 
> *ACTION:* Kjetil to request cps to write up [recorded in #action03]
> 
> Ivan – need to go through W3C approval process
> 
> Dunja – Could we use wiki page to pool content for flier since away for
> next three weeks?
> 
> Ivan – we should get feedback from comms team first – hopefully before
> Dunja leaves. Will send feedback to whole mailing list.
> 
> *ACTION:* Dunja to update wiki page before Ivan sends to comms team
> [recorded in #action04]
> 
> Dunja – Flyer will cost 400-600 Euro.
> 
> 
>       Logos
> 
> Benjamin - Created variation based on feedback. Similar to shape of RDF
> logo. This is posted on public wiki area. Feedback was to make it less
> like a button. No 4 was liked so created no 6. Nos. 7 and 8 are lighter.
> No one version that everyone likes
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/Misc/LogoIdeas
> 
> Ivan – We could get input from outsiders. Can send to W3C communication
> team. Likes no.6
> 
> 
>       AOB
> 
> Susie – Danny Ayers is reviewing FAQ. Susie to chase. Feedback only from
> 1-2 people. Need more.
> 
> Susie – Face to face. Registration web page is available. Only 2 people
> are currently signed up. Please register even if unavailable.
> 
> Kjetil – Joining Computas but will stay in SWEO.
> 
> 
>     Summary of Action Items
> 
> *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Leo to write down issue and forward to Ivan who will
> send to legal people in W3C [recorded in #action01]
> 
> *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Leo to add tag and Kingsly to update by next week’s
> call [recorded in #action02]
> 
> *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Kjetil to request cps to write up [recorded in #action03]
> 
> *[NEW]* *ACTION:* Dunja to update wiki page before Ivan sends to comms
> team [recorded in #action04]
> 
>  
> [End of minutes]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

- --

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
URL: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
PGP Key: http://www.cwi.nl/%7Eivan/AboutMe/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFGAWtKdR3hQzQ/Gj0RAqTQAKCeN5/nxOrOQxt1OiDQ4Uj2ucsahwCg1FcM
ldNquTF8ZMn/AMjkDbeg/OI=
=Cc5q
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Received on Wednesday, 21 March 2007 17:29:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:28:52 UTC