Fwd: Question...

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:22:20 +0100
To: "W3C SWEO IG" <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>
Cc: nova@radarnetworks.com
[seems like a job for SWEO!]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nova Spivack <nova@radarnetworks.com>

Hey guys – I'm supposed to be speaking about the semweb on a panel
moderated by none other than Clay Shirky (who hates the semweb and
generally misrepresents it) on Monday (at the Highlands Forum).

I was wondering --- are there any stats I can cite about the semweb
that will help to head of his criticisms?

- Number of SPARQL endpoints, or growth of them?

- Growth of semweb? Any metrics you know of?

Anything else you think I might cite?

Clay generally attacks the semweb on the grounds that social tagging
is better than inferencing. Duh. That's a completely made-up conflict
since the semweb is a natural fit with tagging, and secondly since the
semweb does not only focused on inferencing. In any case, the question
is how to deal with him.

http://dannyayers.com