Re: modified title page and data integration image

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:58:47 -0400
To: Dunja Ewinger <de@webxcerpt.com>
CC: W3C SWEO IG <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>

Dunja Ewinger wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> please see here the modified title page:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/group/wiki/first_drafts
>

> The designer created 3 versions of a data integration image. They are
> all based on Leo's version.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/group/wiki/Semantic_Web_Flyer/images_dataintegration

The parts of Leo's design that I particularly liked were the depiction o
fthe process as a cycle (so the end application content feeds back into
the underlying data stores) and the inclusion of multiple types of data
stores (documents, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)

The third of these data integration images gives us that first property
a bit, but none of them convey the idea that we can start with anything
other than databases, which I think is a shame. Since this image is
intended to be more illustrative/pedagogical than eye candy (I think?),
I'd think it would be better to be less abstract and more to the point.

Lee