RE: Semantic Web Activity page use case

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: 14 February 2007 16:55

> There is a difference between projects done by member of an IG/WG on
> behalf of the IG/WG and what goes on the 'central' Web pages like the
> activity page. The latter would/could reflect a strong backing of W3C as
> an organization, and that is what I try to avoid. For those pages, I
> would be probably more catholic than the pope:-)
>
> [PW] Not sure I get what you're saying exactly Ivan :) contentlabel.org
> isn't a W3C project, nor is the extension building to ready Content
> Labels/POWDER. Is this a good thing?

Yes:-) I think we are getting into a discussion of nuances... There is
no problem with what you do, regardless of whether you are or not a
member. It is only the 'central' W3C pages that are sensitive in this sense.

[PW] ok so our two proposed projects are ok then. For the benefit of the
group, I've contacted Ivan and Susie to volunteer (ahem, David) to write a
couple of use cases/case studies. We do intend to make millions from
Semantic technology ;) we've started to make money from it as a unique
selling point already.