RE: Creative Commons RDF

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: 08 February 2007 09:50
To: Paul Walsh, Segala

Paul Walsh, Segala wrote:
> How about the more simple implementation. You conduct a search using
Google
> or Yahoo and from the results you can see if each site has a creative
> commons licence or not. So, if I want to only see sites that have a
specific
> licence, I can filter the search results based on that criterion.
>
> For me, users should be able to tick some boxes to chose the licence and
for
> the app in the background to do all the running around. Users (even
> developers) shouldn't have to know anything about RDF or RDFa.

Something like that is the ultimate goal of CC. That is also the reason
that CC is one of the biggest proponent of RDFa, and that CC's Ben Adida
is chairing that particular task force!

[PW] So, why don't I get David to create a label (or more) for CC and
demonstrate through the extension how users can see sites with CC before
hitting them?

Please feel free to drop a comment on the blog post as others will see it -
including advocates of Microformats and SIOC. John Breslin is going to talk
to someone at DERI.

Cheers
Paul