Re: Semantic Camp

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:32:25 -0500
To: Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>
Cc: Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kjetil.Kjernsmo@computas.com>, public-sweo-ig <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>, public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org
Hi Leo,

I'm not sure exactly how your event could be "sweoized".

However, it could be good time and location for the first F2F of the new
SWEO group. Lets see how things work out with the new charter, etc.

             Leo Sauermann
             ki.de>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Susie M Stephens
             public-sweo-ig-re         <STEPHENS_SUSIE_M@LILLY.COM>
             quest@w3.org                                               cc
                                       Kjetil Kjernsmo
             12/12/2007 02:34          public-sweo-ig
             PM                        <public-sweo-ig@w3.org>
                                       Re: Semantic Camp

I may add that we have a tradition of doing "hands-on Semantic Desktop
hacks" in Berlin,
every year in April.

Next year I would like to open it to more practical people calling it
"hands on Semantic Web Applications".
Its usually a three-day event with morning talks, afternnoon free time
for hacking and discussion, evenings with social events.
Entrance fee of about 20-50€ for coffee and location and t-shirt and

attendees agreed that this format worked great, see video and blogpost:

I wonder if this can be somehow "sweoized" or not...

It was Susie M Stephens who said at the right time 30.11.2007 00:50 the
following words:
> Hi Kjetil,
> Thanks for this suggestion. SemanticCampLondon definitely sounds like
something that it would be good for us to promote. However, the timing
isn't really good for combining it with a SWEO F2F.
> Cheers,
> Susie

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313