RE: RDF resource list in RDF

-----Original Message-----
From: public-sweo-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sweo-ig-

[PW]
thanks for the additional data about Segala. Does this mean that you
will also participate in the Content Labelling group if it gets off the
ground? (I'd think so...)

[PW] Pleasure - we've been working long enough under the radar :)
Segala helped the original incubator project get off the ground and was
co-author of the final report. [1] EARL is another W3C group which is
similar in concept to the WCL - David Rooks is also involved in that group.

So in answer to your question, YES, naturally ;) In fact, Phil Archer
mentioned that he 'may' not have time to Chair the group once it goes onto
Full Recommendation track - I'd offer someone from Segala if we had the
resource 'at this point in time'.  I'm hoping it'll move on sooner rather
than later.

So, Segala's Firefox plugin is a means of demonstrating how browsers and
search engines can make use of additional metadata about a Web site. Looks
like Microsoft might give us some investment to build an IE plugin.

There's lots more info but I don't want to bore you with my bad English -
I'll wait for TechCrunch to cover all this (this week) and then post the
link.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/wcl/XGR-report/

>                                                     Ivan, to get this
started;
> can you please ask TimBL if he will do some interviews? I can set them up
> for the main Web 2.0 commentators (I've already been approached!). I think
> this will be a great 'start' for the outreach. I'm doing some interviews
but
> feel TimBL (for some strange reason) will draw in the crowds a little
better
> than me :)

Knowing the incredibly busy schedule of Tim, this may prove to be quite
difficult. In any case, you will have to contact Amy (amy@w3.org), she
has the full power on Tim's schedule; such request should be sent to
w3t-pr@w3.org, too. The only influence I would have on this if we make
it very clear *why* we need this, for what purpose in SWEO. I would
propose to discuss this a bit more (on the telco, for example) before we
engage into that...

[PW] OK, lets go with the latter. This is way too big of an opportunity for
me to mess up in an email to Tim's assistant! This is something that Tim
'should' do if you want to get the attention of the most savvy tehies on the
net.

> Doing interviews with the Web 2.0 community is the best start IMHO -
getting
> the immediate attention of more than a few hundred thousand qualified
> people, a lot of whom blog themselves, will be much more 'engaging' than
> speaking to a traditional print publication. The traditional publications
> will pick up from these guys anyway...

We has some discussion on that at the f2f, in what we referred to as
'questionnaire', and we did identify some people to talk to. Do you
think here of a more 'formal' interview, like with a reporter?
[PW] Well, I've got the following in mind:

Sam Sethi (whom I'm with right now) from TechCrunch UK/Ireland [2] will
write up on what we do and pass stuff onto all other TechCrunch sites -
Michael Arrington [3] would be a good guy to get on board - he has the 3rd
most widely read blog in the world. Sam will pass everything onto MA. BTW,
Sam also knows the Microformat.org guys so we can work with them if
appropriate.

Richard MacManus from readwriteweb [4] is another one that will cover it -
in fact, he said he was trying to get an interview with TimBL to which I
offered to help. We can get these guys on side to commentate on the Semantic
Web and the progress this group makes *ongoing*.

So, I can help bridge the Semantic Web and Web 2.0 communities.

[2] http://uk.techcrunch.com/
[3] http://www.techcrunch.com/about-techcrunch/
[4] http://www.readwriteweb.com/

> So, again, what is the Semantic Web going to do that will make a true
> difference to the Web? I'm extremely passionate about the SW (a_n_d the
> power of RDF) and my company strategy is actually based on it (although
our
> site paints 10% of the picture).
>
> I'd like us to focus on the social stuff; how will the SW effect
> 'Search/Findability', 'Trust', 'Relevance'... - all the things that
> techies/grannies care about. I know RDF underpins all of this, but let's
> start from scratch. Talking about RDF from the start will get us into the
> usual debate without actually highlighting the good things we want to
> achieve.

I think I understand what you say. The slight worry I have, though (but
that may be only me) that we would divert into some sort of a very
general (though fascinating!) discussion on the future of the Web and
the Universe in general, and we have to set some limits to ourselves...

[PW] Sorry, I mean we come up with actual issues and address them
specifically. Trust me, I'm no one to get diverted to general thoughts. If
there's a problem, then lets fix it! :)

I was going to save this for another day but here goes... I'm setting up
contentlabel.com with the view to allowing industry create and comment on
codes of conduct. It would also comment on how to label them. So, an
equivalent to Microformats.org to ensure Content Labelling isn't slowed down
by W3C processes (which are very important!) and instead adopted by the mass
market quickly.

Many thanks
Paul