ISSUE-236: Clarify the meaning of "ignore" with respect to attributes that have no legal value

From: SWD Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 05:34:41 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org,public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

ISSUE-236: Clarify the meaning of "ignore" with respect to attributes that have no legal value

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/236

Raised by: Ben Adida
On product: RDFa

Shane raises this point:

"""
One issue that has come up recently is that we use inconsistent language
in the RDFa Syntax Recommendation when discussing illegal values in
attributes (thanks Philip!).

Basically, in the current Recommendation we talk about attributes being
ignored when the value(s) are illegal.  I believe that when we say this
(and we say it in a couple of different ways), we ALWAYS mean:

"When an attribute has no legal values, a conforming RDFa Processor MUST
act as if the attribute were not present at all.  The processor MUST NOT
act as if the attribute were present, but with the empty string as its
value."
"""

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Sep/0085.html