Re: Estimates of when SKOS will reach REC?

Tom, hello.

On 2009 Mar 10, at 19:37, Thomas Baker wrote:

> We discussed the schedule today on our telecon [1] and can say
> that SKOS as Recommendation is possible by the end of June.
> Unforeseen delays are always possible, but this schedule looks
> promising.

Thanks for this.  I've passed this on to the IVOA WG[1].

As is probably obvious, this IVOA Vocabularies document[2] is an
implementation of the SKOS spec.  We've already received very valuable
comments from Antoine and from Sean at an earlier stage; if there's
any work we can do to make it a better implementation, between SKOS
becoming a W3C REC and our document becoming an IVOA one, we'd very
much like to work with you to make it so.

Best wishes,

Norman

[1] http://www.ivoa.net/forum/semantics/0903/0889.htm
[2] http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/Vocabularies.html

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester