Re: Estimates of when SKOS will reach REC?

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:37:06 +0100
To: Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
Cc: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 02:24:31PM +0000, Norman Gray wrote:
> The last informal estimate I heard for when SKOS would reach REC was
> "end of 2008".  Can anyone make a guess at when the current last-call
> issues might be resolved and the SKOS document would achieve its
> directorial nihil obstat?
>
> I don't aim to put pressure on people, but we have a document [1]
> which wants to make a normative reference to SKOS.  It'd be useful for
> our planning if we had a guesstimate of when we'll be able to promote
> ours.

Hi Norman,

We discussed the schedule today on our telecon [1] and can say
that SKOS as Recommendation is possible by the end of June.
Unforeseen delays are always possible, but this schedule looks
promising.

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/10-swd-minutes.html#item02

--
Tom Baker
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group