Re: Request for feedback on SKOS Last Call Working Draft

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:01:12 -0500
To: aisaac@few.vu.nl
Cc: Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>,public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org,'Felix Sasaki' <fsasaki@w3.org>
At 04:00 PM 3/3/2009 +0100, aisaac@few.vu.nl wrote:
>... *if an
>application does matching of en-UK and en-GB to en*, then that kind of thing
>could happen.
>Or more precisely, my question is: could this really happen, even for one
>application, and if yes, should be include a simple warning in our documentation?

I interpret this as asking "if an application chooses to implement
matching of en-UK and en-GB to en* by adding some inference of
its own that leads to inconsistencies with other parts of the SKOS
spec, should we add a simple warning?"  to which I answer with
another question; "where would we stop with such simple warnings?" ;)

I'm not saying this matching is wrong, just the implementation
that lead the graph to contain multiple values of prefLabel for
a single language tag.