Re: [SKOS] SKOS usage at eCulture/Europeana

From: Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:50:41 +0000
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, Siebes RM <ronny@cs.vu.nl>

Hi all,

The table at [1] looks like a very useful set of statistics on the
usage of SKOS in a major project. Similar statistics would definitely
be useful for each of the concept schemes included in the
implementation report.

For the main structure of the implementation report, I think it would
also be useful to have a summary of each concept scheme, with the
title of the scheme, a brief description of its scope and intended
usage, its owners/developers and rights, a link to any web pages
describing it, a link to an RDF dump if available, and
links/descriptions of one or more systems where it is used.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 04:05:32PM +0100, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> Dear all,
> Ronald Siebes has produced a web page [1] that shows how the SKOS model is being exploited in a number of vocabularies used in the context of the MultimediaN eCulture [2] and Europeana thought lab [3] projects.
> This is a first proposal: we'd be very interested to know whether this is useful for the implementation report--I'm pretty sure it is!
> It might require some organization: for instance this is still based on RDF files loaded in the systems, so could be slightly different from a purely vocabulary-based account. And some of the "vocabularies" turn out to be "traditional" ontologies which classes are described using a couple of SKOS constructs, not full SKOS concept schemes.
> Any feedback is welcome!
> Cheers,
> Antoine & Ronald
> [1] http://www.few.vu.nl/~ronny/eculture/skos-usage-eculture.html