[SKOS] SKOS usage at eCulture/Europeana

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:05:32 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
CC: Siebes RM <ronny@cs.vu.nl>

Dear all,

Ronald Siebes has produced a web page [1] that shows how the SKOS model is being exploited in a number of vocabularies used in the context of the MultimediaN eCulture [2] and Europeana thought lab [3] projects.

This is a first proposal: we'd be very interested to know whether this is useful for the implementation report--I'm pretty sure it is!

It might require some organization: for instance this is still based on RDF files loaded in the systems, so could be slightly different from a purely vocabulary-based account. And some of the "vocabularies" turn out to be "traditional" ontologies which classes are described using a couple of SKOS constructs, not full SKOS concept schemes.

Any feedback is welcome!

Cheers,

Antoine & Ronald

[1] http://www.few.vu.nl/~ronny/eculture/skos-usage-eculture.html