Re: [Recipes] Puzzle with HTTP Accept, Firefox header plug-in and RDF

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 10:22 +0100, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> I'd be curious, though, why such a rule has been set up in the
> Recipes. Once this document acknowledges that:
> "It is accepted as a principle of good practice that HTTP clients
> SHOULD include an 'Accept:' field in a request header,"
> then the rewrite rules could have been specified based on the Accept
> header only, couldn't they?

There is a section in the recipes document discussing this old issue
with IE [1]. Despite that I don't like it, this condition could be
improved with something like:

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mozilla/.*MSIE*

I might is not so easy to find a satisfactory solution with current
mod_rewrite capabilities.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-swbp-vocab-pub-20080828/#defaultIE

--