Re: ISSUE-145: Last Call Comment: property chains

Here's a draft response to Michael on issue 145, comments welcome.

--- begin draft message ---

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your detailed and helpful comments. In response to the
comment below:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:52:48AM +0000, SWD Issue Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-145: Last Call Comment: property chains
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/145
>
> Raised by: Alistair Miles
> On product: SKOS
>
> Raised by Michael Schneider in [1]:
>
> """
> In the case that you are going to change the spec to /allow/ such chains (it's
> an "At Risk" feature): Consider talking about "/Sub/ Property Chains". At least
> all given examples are of this kind. This would allow to express such semantic
> conditions in OWL 2. (I think it's not very realistic that general property
> chains will be part of a future version of OWL.)
> """

We propose to amend the SKOS Reference with wording following your
suggestion.

Kind regards,

Alistair
Sean