W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > October 2008

RE: [All] Agenda - Oct 07 2008 SWD telecon - 1500 UTC

From: Reul, Q. H. <q.reul@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:45:00 +0100
To: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
CC: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <368BCC0389016643A64607A155C5A94E3186600FF6@VMAILB.uoa.abdn.ac.uk>

Regrets for today's telecon.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-swd-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-swd-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Baker
Sent: 06 October 2008 16:42
To: SWD Working Group
Subject: [All] Agenda - Oct 07 2008 SWD telecon - 1500 UTC


Agenda - Oct 07 2008 SWD telecon - 1500 UTC
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
        http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
        Tuesday, 1500 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston /
                 1600 London / 1700 Amsterdam
        Phone : Boston: +1-617-761-6200
                Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
                Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
        Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
        IRC:   irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd (member-only)
        Web client: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair: Tom
Scribe: Ed - see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty
Regrets: Antoine, JonP

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered
WG participants and persons invited by the chairs.  As of
2008-07-01, telecons are no longer held weekly but on an
"as needed" basis.

===========================================
1. ADMIN (10 min)

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the last telecon:

     http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html

Proposed telecon: 14 October

============================================
2. SKOS

SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
LC WD: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/

-- 2008-08-29. SKOS Last Call Working Draft published:
   http://www.w3.org/News/2008#item148
   Comments welcome through 3 October.

-- Schedule for SKOS Reference
   October: Request to advance SKOS Reference to Candidate Recommendation
   November: Request to advance SKOS Reference to Proposed Recommendation
   15 December: SKOS Reference W3C Recommendation decision

ACTION: SKOS Reference editors to send mail asking for feedback from users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-swd-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Alistair enter Last Call issues from Erik Hennum's 28 June mail [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Ed to ask dbpedia to send a message in support of SKOS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action07]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Call comments
-- See http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/LastCall - notes and links

Issues raised in LC comments
-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/129
   S9 skos:ConceptScheme is disjoint with skos:Concept
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0084.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/130
   skos:hasTopConcept and skos:topConceptOf
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0007.html - thread for response starts here

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/131
   mappings with a boolean expression
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0017.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/132
   error in section 1.7 example

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/133
   domain of skos:inScheme

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/134
   owl:inverseOf

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/135
   rdfs:label

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/136
   Plain literal ranges and internationalisation
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0037.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/137
   Property disjointness
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0038.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/138
   S14 skos:prefLabel
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0039.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/139
   Example 16
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0040.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/140
   Notations

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/141
   Almost-duplicate examples

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/142
   "transitivity" in titles
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0041.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/143
   Example 47
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0042.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/144
   S44. S45

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/145
   Property chains

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/146
   broadMatch and skos:narrowMatch should be used only when
   there are no exact or close matches for the term elsewhere?

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/147
   Notations as plain literals

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/148
   Irreflexive and noncyclical hierarchies

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/149
   Asymmetric associations

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/150
   Subsumption hierarchies

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/151
   skos:member definition

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/152
   Prefix for extension labels

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/153
   SKOS namespace change question
   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Sep/0084.html - TimBL comment

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/154
   Formality in SKOS Reference
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0079.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/155
   SKOS in OWL 2
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0081.html - draft response
   -- Note: mistakenly assigned first to ISSUE-156 - can Tracker be corrected?
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0082.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/156
   SKOS Notations and Datatypes

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/157
   SKOS and OWL 2 analysis

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/158
   Turtle Notation
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0045.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/159

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/160
   Allowing collections in semantic relationships

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/161
   Argument on KOS purposes in SKOS Reference

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/162
   SKOS specialisation in SKOS Reference

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/163
   Note on transitivity (SKOS Primer)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0074.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/164
   Extension vs mapping (SKOS Primer)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0075.html - draft response

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/164
   Extension vs mapping (SKOS Primer)

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/165
   Reference to RDF Concepts

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/166
   Turtle Notation II

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/167
   Application Behaviour re. Top Concepts

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/168
   Language Tags

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/169
   BCP Reference

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/170
   Language Tags II

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/171
   Range of skos:member

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/172
   Well Formed Lists

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/173
   Section 9.6.4

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/174
   Cycles and skos:closeMatch

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/175
   SKOS namespace change question II

-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/176
   Mapping vocabulary constraints

---------------------------------------------
SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
Last WD: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-primer-20080829/

-- 2008-09-02 update. Primer should be ready by the time Reference is a Rec.

-- Schedule for SKOS Primer
   15 December: SKOS Primer published as WG Note

---------------------------------------------
SKOS Use Cases and Requirements (editors Daniel, Jon, Antoine)
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/UCRMaterial/RequirementStatus

    2008-09-02. Primer should be ready by the time Reference is a Rec.

-- Schedule for Use Cases
   15 December: SKOS Use Cases and Requirements published as WG Note

---------------------------------------------
SKOS Implementation report

    2008-09-02. Need format to describe implementations;
    people contribute in this format.  Build table of SKOS
    constructs and how used.
    Checker: able to read a SKOS vocabulary and flag potential
    problems with regard to semantics.

    2008-09-30. Implementation responses to be considered
    during Candidate Rec phase (which is typically 4-6 weeks)
    Traditionally, Candidate Rec lasts as long as it takes
    to get implementations.

---------------------------------------------
SKOS other

-- Post-SWD W3C support for SKOS community
    [This is a placeholder - to be discussed before December.
    Possibilities: public-esw-thes@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org.
    Maintenance of http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/.]

-- History page

ACTION: Alistair to update the history page adding direct link to latest version of rdf triple [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
-- DONE http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0005.html
-- see http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos

=============================================
3. RDFa

-- RDFa Task Force telecons Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC -
   open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
        irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').

   2008-10-02 minutes are at

        http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-rdfa-minutes.html

---------------------------------------------
RDFa as Proposed Recommendation

-- 2008-09-04. Call for Review:
   RDFa in XHTML: Syntax and Processing Proposed Recommendation
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-rdfa-syntax-20080904/
   -- see http://www.w3.org/News/2008#item151

-- 2008-09-30 update: Minor comments received (typos).

-- Remaining schedule:
     1 October: RDFa Syntax W3C Recommendation decision

ACTION: All to remind respective AC Reps to respond to RDFa Proposed Rec Call for Review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action01]

---------------------------------------------
RDFa Primer and RDFa Use Cases

-- Remaining schedule:
    October? - RDFa Primer published as Working Group Note
    October? - RDFa Use Cases published as Working Group Note

-- 2008-09-30 update: Ben will Primer (want to publish with REC).

ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]

=========================================

4. RECIPES
-- Published as Working Group Note, 28 August:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-swbp-vocab-pub-20080828/

-- 2008-10-04. Issue Tracker still shows ten "open" [1] and
   three "raised" issues [2].  Diego addresses these in

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/open
   [2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/raised
   [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Oct/0067.html

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]

============================================

5. RDFa METADATA NOTE (Diego)

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AddingRDFaToTR?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=draft.html

-- 2008-09-30 update: New version in Wiki. Diego wants to
   discuss with Ed in next few days, have a version for WG.
   Propose that we discuss on 7 October, especially vocabularies
   to use.

ACTION: Diego to update "Minimum RDFa metadata set for WG deliverables" draft in the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]

=============================================
6. AOB

-- Vocabulary management
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Vocab/principles-20080316

2008-05-13: Elisa to revise before May 20 call.  Goal is to review take
decision on publishing as a Working Draft on
June 10.


--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>



The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013683.
Received on Tuesday, 7 October 2008 13:47:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 13:47:16 GMT