Re: RDFa in SKOS Reference

On 20 Nov 2008, at 15:30, Diego Berrueta wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I have some suggestions:

Thanks Diego!

> * I think it isn't best practice to re-use the URL of a personal
> homepage as the URI of that person. This issue has been discussed
> in the
> semantic-web mailing list, although I cannot find now the link to the
> particular thread. Citing the Cool URIs document [1], this practice is
> discouraged...
>
> [[... because that would confuse a person with a Web document, leading
> to misunderstandings: Is the homepage of Alice also named “Alice”?
> Can a
> homepage itself have an e-mail address? And does it make sense for a
> home-page to have itself as its home-page? So we need another URI.]]
>
> TimBL also advocates to coin URIs for people, see [2]. Finally,
> there is
> also another reason related with the resolution to httpRange-14.

Yeah, I *did* think about this (honest :-). The docs already linked
to my and Alistair's pages and I was trying to reuse as much as I
could from the original mark up (which seems to me to be the key
reason for using RDFa). For the time being I've changed this to use
#me (which I'm not certain is appropriate for Alistair). Alternative
suggestions welcome -- perhaps some parallel content is required here?

> * There is a spelling mistake in the CURIE con:person (it should be
> con:Person).

Oops.

> * I would suggest to create a new resource for the working group. So
> instead of:
>
> [[This document is an editor's draft produced by the
> rel="con:homepage">Semantic Web
> Deployment Working Group</span> for internal review purposes only.]]
>
> I suggest
>
> [[This document is an editor's draft produced by the
> rel="con:homePage">Semantic
>   Web Deployment Working Group</span>
> for internal review purposes only.]]

Ok.

> Note that I also replaced "con:homepage" with "con:homePage".

Oops (2).

> * Finally, even if I don't have a strong opinion on this, I feel a bit
> uneasy about using rdf:Literal nodes as the values of properties such
> as dct:title. Most applications will expect the dct:title to be a
> xsd:string, I think. But probably that's something we can eventually
> discuss when we review the "Metadata in W3C Tech Reports" draft.

I've followed Ben's suggestion of datatype="".

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science